To call the masala chai a treat would be an understatement. Within a cup of masala chai you have a whole ecosystem of flavors, aromas, tastes and experiences. This Indian tea does not have a single formalized or set recipe or preparation method. It is said each family has their own recipe and way of tea preparation for this delicious beverage.
TOTAL TIME: 15 MINS; SERVINGS: 2
- 1 Qi Aerista Ceylon No. 1 tea pouch
- 1.5 cups water (345ml/12oz)
- 1 cup whole milk (230ml/8oz)
- 4 slices ginger
- 8 whole cardamons
- 8 whole cloves (optional)
- ½ teaspoon grated cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg (optional)
- Sugar to taste
STEPS TO BREW TEA:
- Add 1.5 cups of water and 1 tea pouch in Qi Aerista IoTea Brewer.
- Tap ‘Strong' mode (95C/203F, 8 mins) to brew.
- Put all the spices and ginger slices in a microwave-safe container. Microwave. Micorwave the mixture at medium-power for 10 seconds.
- Pour the milk into the container and add sugar. Microwave the mixture at medium-power. Pause the microwave and stir the mixture every 15 seconds until steam starts to rise.
- Drain out the solids and pour the remaining milk into 2 mugs. Pour the hot tea over the milk, stir well and ensure the ratio of milk to tea is 1:1. Enjoy!
*To ensure perfect taste, we recommend only putting a maximum of 2 pouches in the infuser for each brew.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE RECIPES :