A warm cup of chai made with freshly grated spices and ginger is all we need to cozy us up through the cold winter days.
- 2 cups (460ml/16oz) water
- 1 cup (230ml/8oz) milk
- 4 teaspoons (9 grams) CTC or Ceylon (fanning and dust grades) black tea
- 4 slices ginger
- 8 whole cardamons
- 8 whole cloves (optional)
- ½ teaspoon grated cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg (optional)
- Sugar to taste
- Add water into the glass pot of the Qi Aerista IoTea Brewer.
- Add tea leaves inside tea filters. Then put into the infuser.
- Tap ‘Strong' mode (95C/203F, 8 mins) to start brewing.
- Put all the spices and ginger slices in a microwave-safe container. Microwave the container at medium-power for 10 seconds.
- Pour the milk into the container and add sugar. Microwave the mixture at medium-power. Pause the microwave and stir the mixture every 15 seconds until steam starts to rise.
- Drain out the spices and ginger slices and pour the remaining milk into 2 mugs.
- Pour the hot tea over the milk, stir well and ensure the proportion of milk and tea is 1:1. Enjoy!
(Prep Time: 12 mins, Servings: 2)