Remarkably, Hong Kongers today consume 900 million cups of this drink per year. The origin of this rich and tasty drink goes back to Hong Kong’s time under British colonial rule. The British officials and merchants who landed in Hong Kong brought with them many of their customs. One in particular was afternoon tea, consisting of black tea with milk and sugar. Over time, this practice of afternoon tea was adopted by Hong Kongers, albeit with a much stronger brew that matched with rich evaporated milk.
TOTAL TIME: 12 MINS; SERVINGS: 2
- 2 Qi Aerista Ceylon No. 1 tea pouches
- 2 cups water (460mL/16oz)
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk (120mL/4oz)
- Sugar (optional)
STEPS TO BREW TEA
- Add 2 cups of water and 2 tea pouches in Qi Aerista IoTea Brewer.
- Tap 'Strong' mode (95C/203F, 8 mins) to brew.
- Pour the evaporated milk evenly into 2 cups. Once brewing is complete, pour the tea over the milk. Serve with or without sugar. Enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE RECIPES :