Indulge in this creamy buttery spice chai. What a perfect getaway from the cold winter.
- 2 cups (460ml/16oz) water
- 1 cup (230ml/8oz) milk
- 4 teaspoons (9 grams) CTC or Ceylon (fanning and dust grades) black tea
- 4 slices ginger
- 8 whole cloves
- 8 whole cardamons
- ½ teaspoon grated cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon rum
- Add 2 cups of water into the pot of the Qi Aerista IoTea Brewer.
- Add tea leaves inside tea filters. Then put into the infuser.
- Tap ‘Strong' mode (95C/203F, 8 mins) to start brewing.
- Grate nutmeg and cinnamon and place all the spices and ginger pieces in a microwave-safe container. Microwave the container at medium-power for 15 seconds.
- Fill the container with milk and microwave at medium-power. Pause and stir milk every 15 seconds until steam starts to rise.
- Drain out the spice and ginger and pour the warm milk into 2 mugs.
- Pour the hot tea over the mugs, ensuring the proportion of milk and tea is 1:1.
- Add rum in tea and top with butter to serve. ENJOY!!