The tea leaves of this shu pu’er belongs to the royal class, which means it contains more buds and tender leaves than your normal cup of shu pu’er.
Having undergone 6 years of natural fermentation, the tea is crisp clean with natural sweet finishing. Wonderfully herbal with warm woodsy aroma and rich texture in flavor, all these are signs of premium aged shu pu’er.
More about this Royal Pu'er:
- Tea type: Dark
- Other name: Royal Ripe/Cooked Pu’er
- Cultivar: Yunnan Large Leaf
- Region: Menghai County, Yunnan Province, China
- Plant age: 20 years old
- Altitude: 1000m/3280ft
- Harvest: Mid April 2012
“Clean, rich and herbal, a meditative cup.” – Karen Wan, Qi Aerista Tea Specialist.
- 2.5 teaspoons (2.5g/0.1oz) tea leaves
- 1 cup (230ml/8oz) water
- 100oC/212oF brewing temperature
- 3.5 minutes brewing time