The lid of the Qi Aerista IoTea Brewer is designed with double-insulation from heat during normal usage. However, it is not completely sealed from water entry. Therefore, water may enter the lid if you submerge it under water for washing.
Please take a look at the attached photos to show you how to clean up the fluids inside the lid:
1. Carefully pull and remove the silicone rubber rim from the lid.
2. Gently pull apart the top and bottom cover of the lid by exerting firm force at the slot location.
3. Clean up the fluids inside and dry thoroughly.
4. If fluids accumulate inside the oval lid handle, use a screwdriver the take off the screws to remove the lid handle and clean up the fluids.
5. Reassemble back everything in reverse order.