Single harvest in spring, our wild Dragonwell (aka Longjing) is made from local cultivar tea plants that are over 60 years old. These plants were considered wild tea plants as they were grown in the mountains in natural environment with minimal interference by farmers.
The Longjing plants are only harvested once per year during spring, ensuring exceptionally fine tea leaf quality.
Together with tea producers following the orthodox approach in making Longjing, this cup of green tea reflects an exceptionally refreshing and smooth taste.
One of the Top 10 Famous Chinese teas, Longjing is a rich and bold green tea with distinctive flat leaves in appearance. It is one of the most popular teas in China.
More about this Wild Dragonwell:
- Tea type: Green tea
- Other name: Wild Longjing
- Cultivar: Local cultivar
- Region: Chunan County, Zhejiang Province, China
- Plant age: Over 60 years old
- Altitude: 600-800m/2000-2600ft
- Harvest: Early April 2017
- Aroma: Roasted nuts, dry hay with floral undertone
- Flavor: Smooth, complex with a lasting refreshing mouth-feel
Recommended Brewing Instructions:
- 2.5 teaspoons (2.5g/0.1oz) tea leaves
- 1 cup (230ml/8oz) water
- 80oC/176oF rewing temperature
- 3 minutes brewing time